Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol Voting Starts

The voting processes for American Idol will start from today. Thre are 12 contestants out of which only 3 will move on. This decision is now in America’s votes.

The theme for tonight is Top 10 songs from the Billboard 100, any year. Below is the list of the American Idol contestants along with their choice of song for the performance.

Jackie Tohn will start the night. He is singing “Little Less Conversation” by Elvis Presley, IMO. Judges comments: Randy says “Not blown away by vocals, but you entertained” Kara “You can work a stage” and agrees that the vocals was not that good. Paula – “Got me up dancing” Simon – “You played the clown, the performance ungainly, gimmicky- don’t think public will like it very much”

Ricky Braddy is next who is singing “A Song For You” - Leon Russell. Good voice, ballad singer for sure. Judges: Randy “I liked it, way to start season, unbelievable nice voice” Kara – “You killed that- that was amazing” Paula – “I’m proud that American gets to see how talented, deserve to go very far” Simon – “Very very good”

Alexis Grace, singing “Never Loved A Man”- Aretha. Judges say: Randy “You found the soul, you worked it out, I’m loving you right now” Kara – “The genie is out of the bottle, you released something, pleasure to watch you come out of shell, I loved it” Paula – “You have the ability to present so much soul, so much passion, what’s inside is so large” Simon – “I think you by a mile are the best contestant we have, you actually do have soul, you have confidence, may be dark horse in this competition, reminds me of Kelly Clarkson”

Brent Keith Smith, singing country “Hick Town” - Jason Aldean. Judges: Randy – “I like that you returned to the country roots, new edge with own country swagger” Kara – “I like you - thinks he was a little safe, more in him than that” Paula – “Wants American to remember auditions, safe song for you, I definitely see you as country artist” Simon – “You’ve got one shot - nice guy, nice voice - you did something safe, not original, you may have blown opportunity by being forgetable”

Stevie Wright, singing “You Belong To Me” by Taylor Swift. Judges: Randy – “WOW, first one, it was not hot for me, I wasn’t feeling it at all, that was safe for you” Kara – “I have to agree with you, we wanted you to be young, song that had nothing to do with you” Paula – “I agree with these two - not right song for you” Simon – “It was terrible, the song is okay, you were out of tune, at least you got some experience, there is zero chance of you making through”

Anoop Desai singing “Angel of Mine” - Monica. Judges: Randy – “Interesting song choice, but the song to me was a little sharp - not with the band in background” Kara – “It’s a hard song to sing and I’m not sure you had the capability to nail it as it needs to be nailed” Paula – “America has connected with you in a large way - a different side of you” Simon – “Little too grown up for you, a bit too serious for you, have massive likability in your favor”.

Casey Carlson, singing Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - Police. Judges: Randy - that was not good for me - kinda weird for me - wrong for you, he gives the first “karaoke” comment tonight; Kara - everything about that was wrong; Paula - picking that song, no connection, phrasing was weird, didn’t think about what you were singing; Simon - she tells Simon she had fun, the singing was atrocious, and you could not have chosen a worse song, it doesn’t tell us what kind of artist you want to be, you got one massive opportunity tonight, you threw it away.

Michael Sarver, singing I Don’t Want to Be - Gavin McGraw. Judges: Randy - good part is you definitely got it, rough, first verse was a little weird - didn’t perform it that well; Kara - crowd pleaser song, but it wasn’t your best performance; Paula - I thought you did a real good job, I think you showed us a different side of you - changing hands with mike is distracting; Simon - gives people like you an opportunity, we like you, honest hard working who needs a break, it wasn’t the best vocal I’ve ever heard - if you get through it’s because people like you, I hope America does give you another shot.

Anne Marie Boskovitch, singing Natual Woman - Aretha. Judges: Randy - this song for me is not the right choice for you - this is a big vocal song - fell far below; Kara - it’s been a challenge to lose the demo singer thing - you have to kill it, it feels a bit old fashioned; Paula - Compared to Hollywood week, I think you actually did better, it’s a huge song and requires a tremendous amount of soulfullness; Simon - if we were searching for the best hotel singer in America you would make it, your voice is not good enough for that song, it destroyed you, you may have ruined your one chance.

Stephen Fowler, singing Rock With You - Michael Jackson. Judges: Randy - when we saw you first time, such a different kind of song for you, not in the right place for you - it was pitchy, not good; Kara - I got more from you at the piano when you forgot the lyrics, that song doesn’t give you any room to interpret; Paula - I’m glad you remembered the lyrics, better if you had proven you could sing that David Cook song, that song belongs to one artist; Simon - I wish you had forgetten the lyrics, a pointless performance, terrible arrangment, it was corney.

Tatiana Del Torro, singing I’m Saving All of My Love For You - Whitney Houston. Judges: Randy - when I heard you were singing this, I said oh no, you had some moments, she actually can sing - the melody on the 2nd verse was weird; Kara - it’s a roller coaster ride with you, I never know what you are going to pull, there were monments, you hit some of those notes, where do you fit, that’s my question; Paula - I think you are the most talked about contestant - this demure Tatiana I’m not used to, but I will say you closing note was beautiful, beautiful moments, pitchy moments, don’t know who you are today; Simon - you are a complete and utter drama queen, this is what it is with you, you are desperate to be famous, actually, surprisingly it wasn’t bad at all, better than I expected.

And we get to end the evening with Danny Gokey, singing Hero - Mariah Carey. Judges: Randy - redeemer of the night, that was blazing hot; Kara - you are the hero, you give us all hope, you were great; Paula - you are a stellar - sold out arena; Simon - it was good, I thought the arrangment, it wasn’t fantastic, it was good. I like you, I’m not buying the hype right now.

Choose Your American Idol NOW… The Voting Starts…

"For more news about the music world, be sure to visit http://modern-music-news.blogspot.com/"